Hi Everyone. I know we haven't been good about our blogging. I guess that becomes a problem when you don't always have internet service! So, here is our next post.
Yesterday we spent the day in Edinburgh. We toured the Edinburgh Castle and walked up and down the Royal Mile. We did not go in the palace at the other end of the mile. Just too much effort I guess. Also - too much cashmere! Every corner had a cashmere shop and such beautiful wares at that. We also went into the shop where they were weaving the tartan plaids. The tartans are so pretty. We found the Stewart royal tartan (remember that the king and queens after Elizabeth 1 were Stewarts, so theirs is called the royal tartan). We got some beautiful plaid scarves. The problem with cashmere and lambswool clothing is that it is incredibly beautiful and appropriate while here, but we live in Austin, Texas, so it would just be fodder for insects once we get home and I would hate for that to happen to such beautiful material. Oh well, we admired it from afar!
Today is our last day in Scotland before we begin our journey back to London and ultimately to Paris. We are riding the train to Stirling and hoping to see the Stirling Castle. It was the home of the kings and queens and supposed to be something! We are excited to see it. So, I need to straighten my hair and get going to breakfast so that we can make our train. The train doesn't care if you are there or not, so you had better be there! More on Stirling later.......
No comments:
Post a Comment